Tuesday 11 November 2014

Goodies from another type of quilt market


I've been seeing all these goodies from Quilt Market and Festival in Houston
and I thought I would show you some goodies I found at another type of quilt market.
I went to what was billed as a "quilt and craft hoarder's sale."
Granted, there was a lifetime of craft supplies, but not so terrible.
In fact, if all my stuff was laid out in a basement,
I might even have as much.
I dug through the eight Rubbermaid bins to find these lovelies:
three vintage pillowcases with crocheted edging
a rug hooking canvas (for my dad, who does locker hook rugs)
three metres of a lovely Nancy Crow leaf print
and one and a half metres each of three different batiks.

And then there were all those 1970s quilts, mostly made from polyester doubleknit.
I left those behind, but did take home this bunch of log cabin blocks.

I love how wild and fun they are.
I'm thinking these will look great with some vintage and African prints.

All this loveliness, plus the fun of looking
and the satisfaction of not paying airfare and hotel rooms,
for only $15.
My friend V. scored a Bernina Record sewing machine
and some of those doubleknit quilts for $50.

I'm linking up to The Needle and Thread Network.

5 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Way to go!!!

Barb said...

awesome print - and wildly fun blocks

Margaret said...

Sounds like a lot of fun--there's nothing quite like the hunt is there!

Scrappy quilter said...

What fun.

quiltmom anna said...

Love the leaf print- nancy crow has gorgeous fabrics and I love some of her designs too.
Your vintage cover is sweet- a very clever idea.
Thanks for participating in the blog hop. Hope you are meeting lots of new to you quilters and bloggers.
Regards from Alberta,
Anna

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>