Friday 1 August 2014

Colours of Amish country

I've been in Lancaster County this week,
admiring the colours inside and out.
Above are the dress goods at Zook's.
I talked to an Amish woman and her daughter
who couldn't decide what to buy for a dress.

Below are the Kona solids across the street at The Country Store.
I had a hard time deciding which Konas to bring home with me,
but I picked out a dozen colours.
I've certainly had fun shopping this week
and I have lots to show for it --
at least 15 yards.

Hey, I came here to shop, and I've managed to spend minimal time at the outlets
and maximum time in the fabric stores.


6 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Reminds me of the area when we lived in Northern Indiana ...

Quilting Stories said...

Great choice of solid fabrics! I love Amish quilts! I have visited Shipshewana and it was a dream come true for me, coming from Europe!

Sujata Shah said...

Glad you are having fun! I see new quilts happening soon!

Nifty Quilts said...

It's interesting to see the difference in colors between Zooks and the Kona cottons. Looks like a fun trip!

Pinkadot Quilts said...

I live right around the corner from there! Both are great stores.

antique quilter said...

Lucky you I plan on being there next week!
Kathie

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>