Friday 11 July 2014

Vintage Modern #4

Thanks for all of your comments on my vintage modern posts.
I went on a five-day excursion west last week, and saw some more lovelies.
Maybe more vintage than modern, but this Singer 500 series machine
definitely has some modern styling.
There's a reason it's called the Rocketeer --
for its space age design.

This beauty we'll call Margaret after her owner was bought second hand decades ago.
Her owner says she now has trouble threading it because of her vision.

This Singer 99K is in lovely condition and so is her two-tone grass cloth case.
Joanie was purchased new by my aunt shortly after she was married in the early 1950s.
She's not being used anymore because her owner can't remember how to sew.

Neither of these machines came home with me,
but I had fun petting them in their homes.




2 comments:

Quilting Stories said...

These are beautiful sewing machines!
I myself work on a 35 years old, second hand, industrial machine and it makes a perfect job! Have a wonderful week-end!

Quilter Kathy said...

How do you decide which come home and which don't... I need help with that!!

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>