Monday 21 July 2014

Fabric Aquisition Road Trip

 We traveled through and around floods recently
but it was worth it,
Because I found some fun fabrics, mostly on sale, on my recent F.A.R.T.
or fabric aquisition road trip.
Thanks to the help of the Country Register
I knew which little Saskatchewan towns and hamlets boasted quilt shops.
Such as Wolseley, Saskatchewan, home of Tiger Lily Quilts,
where I got half price fat quarters and  a charm pack of Kaffes.
I live in the neighbourhood of Wolseley in Winnipeg, so we had to stop!

And I scored half a jelly roll of Juggling Summer by Moda
in the sale bin at Collette's shop in Foam Lake

and collected a range of pinks/reds/greens in hand dyed wool
from Periwinkle in Saskatoon


and some camper prints from Century Sewing in the same city.
I love the glamping fabric
and found the VW bus canvas
although I see that the VW insignia has been replaced with the peace sign.
I'm going to make bags and totes from that fabric,
using that purple webbing for handles.

And I found some goodies at  the thrift store in Rosthern
including an embroidered cotton pillowcase, two pieces of hand dyed fabric,
and two little embroidery kits.

I'm going to have fun playing with all of this loot!

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>