Wednesday 9 April 2014

Freshly quilted


Little bit of free motion quilting going on here.
First up are three letters of a larger word.
I'm outlining the letters and then quilting in filler designs.
I have a bigger plan, but these help me warm up 
and loosen up for my bigger quilting projects.

Such as this toddler quilt,
made from wof scraps in a variety of blues.

I'm not quite done the quilting on the larger blue sections.

Here's a back view with some of the quilting motifs.
I'm taking my inspiration from the prints on the front.

Another view of the top.

I'm linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced.

7 comments:

Mary-Kay said...

Very nice! I like your idea of using the fabric as a quilting inspiration. I'll have to remember that when I do a little fmq as sometimes I'm at a loss as to what to quilt.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Those letters and fills are MARVELOUS!!

Your FMQ has come such a long way -- WOOT for you!!

em's scrapbag said...

Your quilting looks great!

heath said...

I adore that tree. I'm not doing too well on the puzzle of what the larger word is, but it may be that I shouldn't assume this is the beginning of the word…?
And I agree with previous comments; your FMQ is amazing after such a relatively short time at it.

Sharon said...

Wow, your fmq looks great! I adore those letters with the background fill - they look like they're from an illuminated manuscript!

Cute simple baby quilt. I need to remember that - thanks!

Myra said...

Wow! Impressed with your FMQ letters! Very nice!! Your quilting on the baby quilt looking great too!

Christina said...

Chiming in here too, those letters in their squares of filler are really intriguing, and your work is beautiful. I'm looking forward to seeing more and more!

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>