Saturday 24 August 2013

Many states of goodness!

I just returned from a very quilty vacation,
which included some stops at fabulous stores in four different states.
I attempted to restrain myself,
but I did buy some great stuff, including that book and set of templates.


Although I spent almost a whole day at the AQS show in Grand Rapids, Michigan,
I only took home a few things, including that heart-shaped mola above.
It coordinates nicely with the set of Cherrywood charms I bought at Gruber's in St. Cloud, Minn.
These are my other Gruber's goodies, all from the sale room.
The nice clerk who cut these Free Spirit and Moda prints
said they like it when customers buy from the sale bin,
since it clears out older fabric to make room for more new stuff.
Good to know I'm helping them!

I bought this log cabin print from Yoder's Department Store in Shipshewana, Indiana.
The print is specially printed for them by Moda, as you can see on the selvage.
I also bought a bit of that typewriter print.
That half-yard cut of nesting dolls came from a brief stop in JoAnn's in Fargo, N.D.

I also bought two sets of 10 fat quarters for $15 each from Gruber's.
I transformed this one into a bouquet for a friend.
Below are my other Gruber's purchases.

 
 I also took home a bunch of Aurfil thread,
both from the show and my quick trip to Lolly's in Shipshewana just before closing time,
as well as some bag hardware, Orvus soap, and various other bits.
 

Really, too much quilty goodness for a family vacation!
Mr. Scraps was a good sport in driving all the way to Grand Rapids.
But don't think I'm the only one who indulged--
the teenager who loves all things edible
scored a dozen different cheeses from Wisconsin,
including some three-year-old cheddar
which I won't be trying.
He tried to argue that we should buy the 18-year-old cheddar
for his upcoming 18th birthday,
but a pound of that cost as much as five large spools of Aurifil!

2 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

18 year old cheddar, indeed!

Glad you are home safely with lots of quilty everything!

Helen in the UK said...

Looks like you had a great trip! Especially like the neutral fabric you bought in Gruber and the way you turned those FQs into a bouquet - very clever :)

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>