Tuesday 31 July 2012

Writing on the wall


Today I stopped for a minute and filled in the blank on this huge blackboard on the side of a building.
I completed the sentence in two ways:
Before I die, I want to finish my thesis.
Before I die, I want to make 100 quilts and give them away.

I figure other people were being provocative and thoughtful, as well as just really honest.
As we were reading the board, a man came out of the apartment building next door and said "I've never been on an airplane, I've never been on a train, I've never been to IMAX."
Nothing like a little perspective.

For the Winnipeggers who might read this, the blackboard is at the northeast corner of Maryland and Ellice.

2 comments:

Taos Sunflower said...

Boy, this really makes you think, doesn't it. Thanks.

PrairiePeasant said...

Surely you've made 100 quilts to donate already? Must be pretty darn close!

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>