Saturday 25 February 2012

I cut it up and I feel groovy!

I cut up my vintage 1970s tablecloth
and now I have a square yard of daisy goodness

which I cut into smaller pieces
which I'm sharing with some of you,
including Gill from the UK
whose comment was picked by Mr. Random Number Teenager.

I folded up the border for another use, saving enough of the print so
that rickrack trim can be used elsewhere, but not by me.
I'm giving it to Joyce over here,
 who makes bags out of thrifted and vintage finds
 and has singlehandedly raised  more than $25,000 for world food programs.
If you're interested, you can read the newspaper story I wrote about her last summer.

And in the spirit of the 1970s, doesn't that folded trim look
just like the fringed ponchos we wore then?
Groovy!

2 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Her snowflake bag is fabulous ... I wonder if she would want some of the pieces made by my grandmother that currently languish in a drawer... love what she is doing (and I love that you cut up your tablecloth!)

eva said...

oh for sure, you've GOT to feel groovy cutting that fabric.....

........lookin' for fun and feelin' groovy......

xoxo
eva

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>