Friday 14 October 2011

Blooming on my wall

I've finished hand appliquing these two scrappy flower blocks,
measuring 17 by 20,
the perfect size to make a bag to replace this

made by my mother nearly 30 years ago.
I think those folded stars are back in vogue again.

Here's the other side, showcasing her hand quilting.
Or...

I could put them together with my other hand appliqued blocks
and leftover bits

for a bigger quilt.
Those two blocks in the middle with the white and brown still have freezer paper attached.
I have lots of parts left from my modern posies quilt.
This could be fun!

12 comments:

Myra said...

That combination of leftover blocks would definitely work Brenda! 8-)

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

Love all the different flowers!!!! fabulous!!

fabriquefantastique said...

it IS fun.....I love a scrappy look, may have said this before.

Dolores said...

Ha! good to see the folded star. My friend and I made one years ago and swore we would never make another - once was enough. I made mine into a cushion which I promptly gave to my sister-in-law. The flowers are so much nicer and more modern.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Oh, I hope you go with the "use the pieces and parts" approach . . . .

West Michigan Quilter said...

I love your scrappy flowers. I would love to try some myself. I love that scrappy look.

Sujata Shah said...

Brenda,

All of your blocks look beautiful! Love the scrappy blooms.

Susan said...

Modern Posies is going to be an amazing quilt...love what you have so far!

Nina Lise@Mrs Moen said...

I would have kept the lovely bag and gone for the leftover bits & pieces quilt, the blocks look great together!

Karen said...

I like those string flowers. A good idea.

Karen said...

Love the quirky look you've got going so far!!

Patty said...

Hey, great idea! I have no time for anything big lately but a bag...Love your flowers.

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>