Wednesday 25 May 2011

NYC friends and fabric

I'm just back home after a fun weekend in New York City, where I met Victoria from Bumble Beans and 15 minute play. We hung out together at City Quilter and then had a little private show and tell at her home.
Victoria is at left with my traveling and non-quilting friend Gaynette. I have to say that although Victoria's quilts look great on her blog, they look fabulous in real.

Here's my goodies from City Quilter. The three text prints at the right are going into my B birthday quilt.

I also bought a Kaffe-like scarf from a street vendor and a yard of embroidered braid from a shop in the Garment District. I could have spent my whole weekend in that neighbourhood, but my friend managed to tear me away for a Broadway show, some sightseeing, and a stroll in Central Park.


6 comments:

Joyce said...

It's so nice to meet a blog friend in person. I love the braid. Was that from M&J?

Lisa said...

Oh lucky you! I got your note today! I didn't notice if it had been mailed from NYC! I loooooove your text fabrics!!!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

Hey Brenda! Glad your home safe and sound !cant' wait to see your B quilt!

Clare said...

Is that Kitchen Sink? It's huge!

Lovely fabrics.

Tonya Ricucci said...

wheee, what a fabulous trip! so lucky to get to see V's quilts in person. I have that same subway fabric!

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Wonderful trip, and such great photos

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>