Tuesday 17 May 2011

It's not Salt Lake City,,,,

International Quilt Market isn't in my budget, but I could manage $4 for a local quilt show earlier this month: The Barnswallows Quilt Show in Morden, Manitoba, CANADA.
A miniature quilt for the guild challenge, made by my mother. It measures 12 by 12.

Here's the whole wall of minis. A tiny collection of Sunbonnet Sues won the viewers's choice.


Bet you won't see a Harley quilt with its owner proudly beside at quilt market. My mother also made this one, from the owner's collection of Harley t-shirts. He made the stand for it from plumbing pipes and farm diskers. I think I may steal the idea for the stand.

I'm drawn to the scrappy quilts, so here's a collection, many of them by the same quiltmaker.



The vintage display corner, with old machines and notions, and a dresden plate autograph quilt.


And yes, Words Fail Me. I finished it a week after last year's show, so it qualified for this year. It was the only word quilt in the whole place and one of the few that is hand quilted. The stand is too small, so it's not hanging very straight.
My guild quilt was also in the show. The white glove lady removed the tags so I could get a good picture. Bet they don't do that at quilt market!

6 comments:

Nancy said...

How wonderful to share the love of quilting with your mother. I adore her mini quilt, and in my opinion it is by far the most eye-catching one in the mini display.

Thanks for sharing photos of these beautiful quilts.

Susan said...

Looks like it was a great show!

Tonya Ricucci said...

wheee, for getting to see some quilts. i love that Harley quilt and stand, along with the very proud biker. fun!

Barb said...

Wonderful quilts...thanks for showing!

Lori said...

That looks like a nice show!

Terri said...

Market also doesn't show anything to us too poor to go. Thanks for the show. I loved all the quilts, expecially your Mom's mini. I've gotta get busy and make me a word quilt, too.

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>