Wednesday 18 May 2011

coming soon to a mailbox near you

I'm having fun in NYC this weekend, as part of the celebrations for my upcoming big birthday. But while I'm out there, take a look at what's flying through the mail to some of you in blogland.
First up, a 9.5 inch COW (cranky old woman) block for Nancy.
Then some goodies for Julie's white coat project -- these are the cuffs for the bottom of the sleeves.

Two mini quilts made from leftover blocks from Midnight Blooms

a 16 by 20 quilt made by my cousin, which I machine quilted for her (my first custom quilting project.)


A set of placemats cut from my mom's stash, on which I practise feathers. She's going to get them back for the binding process.
A half dozen fat quarters for me, since there was some gift malfunction on Mother's Day, so I bought my own gift.

And a rearranged and cleaned up sewing room, waiting for more quilty fun when I get home.

5 comments:

Joyce said...

have a great time in NYC. It's one of my favorite places. If you have time you should check out M&J Trims. I've never seen so many beautiful trims.

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

Hey Birthday Girl! See you Sunday!!!
hugs!!!

Tonya Ricucci said...

you have been busy! happy birthday, enjoy your trip!!!

Quiltdivajulie said...

The cuffs are amazing! Can't wait for them to arrive . . .

Hope you have a wonderful time on your trip - our eldest and his wife LOVE spending time in NYC.

Carol P. said...

haha...mother's day gift malfunction...that's funny but true. I just bought 10 fat quarters of Kaffe Faccett materials. So lovely, I just take them out and look at them!

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>