Thursday 13 January 2011

It's a scrappy liberated sawtooth medallion!

I posted about this liberated star medallion last month, asking for suggestions. I was resisting unpicking a border, but it took only a few minutes and then I could proceed with another option. I made this liberated sawtooth border with bits and pieces in my scrap bin, and so I think it matches the scrappy nature of the rest of the quilt.

This started when a quilting friend gave me most of these green squares left over from one of her projects, and I cut some of my larger scraps into the same size and just started sewing them together at random. I made some stars from the smaller scraps, used scrap strips for the interior borders. Now it measures 55 inches square, a nice size for a throw. It's going on the "to be quilted SOON"pile and will wait for the right owner to pop up.
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Lee D said...

good job. love the scrapiness of it.

beth said...

What a fun quilt! I know what you mean about that "quilt later" pile and the new owner as yet unknown. I have that pile too. ;)

Angie said...

I love it!!! It is such a fun quilt! :D

Scrappy quilter said...

I love it and love the colors in it. Beautiful work!!

Peggy said...

Very nice scrappy quilt!

Ellen said...

It's just frolics!!! Beautiful job!

Cindy said...

Love it! I need to try my hand at some of those scrappy stars.

Tonya Ricucci said...

oh yeah, that's great. I love the contrast now with teh size of the triangles and the squares.

Lori said...

It's such a fun quilt! I love liberated!!

Gari in AL said...

Gee, that looks like a great picnic quilt or summer table topper. Excellent "planning."

Sharon said...

Aren't scraps wonderful? This is a fun, pretty quilt top. Great colors. And I love the liberated stars.

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>