Sunday 16 January 2011

It's been nine months and I'm expecting a quilt!

This baby is nearly here, but I can't show it to you yet. Since March 2010,  my mother and I have been hand appliquing these ditzy flowers to black backgrounds, inspired by a post by Barbara Brackman.


We're using up her stash of hand dyes and some of mine to make a variety of these 10-inch blocks



The quilt has gotten bigger

and bigger

and now the borders are all on and the back is pieced, and it measures 95 by 95 inches,
and it's been to her quilt guild, where it was much admired.
And now it's at the longarm quilter, who also has big plans for it,
but.....

BUT....
my mother is very good at applique, and colour selection, and piecing

Her multiple prize-winning Baltimore Album quilt

But no so good with the technical stuff like uploading pix and emailing them....
Minutes after this post, my mother sent me a picture. It's in the post above.  All is forgiven!

No comments:

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>