Wednesday 8 December 2010

More Tonya love

I'm going to continue the Tonya love in honour of her new book, which is released, but apparently not yet in people's hands, with some hot quilty love.
Here's a little quilt I made her, 18 inches square, using free-pieced letters in a traditional Amish square within a square pattern
It's called Angling for Love or 45 degree Love. I handquilted it in freehand Baptist fans. Click to see the details.

And here's the label on the back, made from letters and numbers.

I'm sorry to say none of my quilts are in the book, although I did help with an intital read-through, so yes, dear bloggers, I have read the book, and it's worth it.

But I did made some words for Slither Eek Boo (or is it Eek Slither Boo  or Eek Boo Slither?), the quilt she's made from words of Halloween noises, made by blog friends , which has been  (or will be? when's the show, Tonya?) on The Quilt Show with Ricky Tims and Alex Anderson.





scaring you yet? No?
I'll try again.


7 comments:

Kim said...

Oh these are great!
And I'm on the same quilt with you doing Mwa hahaha ( in purple and yellow)...wasn't it fun??...... hey maybe you can show us how you did those great curves in your letters!
And guess what my "LOVE" block is on the cover of the book......how cool is that ?
Tonya has inspired lots of us!

Happy sewing

Em said...

YOu have the letters down!!! ANd my fav size of a quilt, is 18 X 18. I love visiting your site and wishing my work was slower so I could create!

Rosalyn Manesse said...

So much fun with all the letters. Visions of letters are dancing in my head at this rate. I got a notice today from my book order company (which shall remain nameless but hint, hint, has an A and a Z), and it's not coming for a couple of weeks, I'm afraid.

Mary Lou Weidman said...

Love your style of letters- you always do cool stuff!

Sharon said...

It's been so fun to see all of your "wordy" quilts! You've been prolific. Thanks for all the inspiration.

And BTW, your tute on the strip-piecing of the letters has been a HUGE help!

Helen in the UK said...

Your Angled for Love quilt is adorable, so sorry to hear it didn't make the book! Loving seeing your wordy quilts though :)

Tonya Ricucci said...

love seeing all these wonderful letters again! and I love my angled love quilt. unfortunately the book is smaller than the last time you read it - stinking page count - but thanks for the vote of confidence.

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>