Sunday 22 August 2010

No more sitting on the fence

I took all your advice and finished this quilt without borders. I tied it to a backing of a textured fleece and brought the back to the front for a simple and easy binding. And because I'm cleaning up my sewing room, I gifted this to a friend already and now it graces his couch. It's 30 degrees celsius here today, and not cooling off overnight, but in not too many months, it will be 30 degrees below and this little beauty, made entirely of scraps, will keep my friend warm.

Here's a closeup of the patterned fleece and the ties. It's nice to get this done, and to empty my bin of bricks (these measure 2.5 by 4.5).

8 comments:

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

Love the colors and the ties remind me of the quilt under which I slept in my youth; my grandma had made it and it too was tied with little pink threads. Unable to place the quilt into any frame of reference, I didn't appreciate it-I do remember sleeping with it until it literally fell apart and my mom graciously removed it one day while I was at school, replaced it with a store-bought, mass-produced comforter.

I have never forgotten those ties; thank you for the memories.

Selvage Quilter said...

Wow, what a stunning quilt. I love the design and the colors. Nice job!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

It's been fun watching this quilt grow! nice finsih! and a very lovely gift

Lee D said...

great quilt, lucky guy. don't remind us of the cold days to come!

Nina Lise@Mrs Moen said...

It's wonderful; I love how the dark and light contrasts work through all the different colours.

Sujata Shah said...

Gorgeous finish! I love the colorful contrast in your quilt!

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Super! Now you have taught me how to do a quilt with fleece!

berylthepearl said...

I love this quilt. Very striking and a good use of scraps. I want to make one someday!

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>