Thursday 22 July 2010

Pixie Dust baby quilt

 I sewed with a friend for an afternoon and finished this little baby quilt measuring 36 inches square. I used up large scraps from Victoria's Pixie Dust gather she held last year. Last fall I won a box of her scraps and these are among the last significant pieces in it. I started by making large four patches and then rotating them to come up with this simple design. There's lots of room to practise my machine quilting. When it's done, this baby quilt will warm a preemie at my local children's hospital.

7 comments:

Dolores said...

A wonderful little quilt in progress. I like your summer placemats - very colourful.

Pat said...

This is going to be a sweet little quilt for some precious little one!

Michele Bilyeu said...

After my amazing visit to our Salem, Oregon preemie ward last year, I cannot say enough about how much donated quilts add to the little isolettes. And if you could hear what the new parents said to me about how much they appreciated receiving them during challenging times,you'd know what a very wonderful thing you are giving and doing. This certainly looks like pixie dust and I know it will touch some family's heart....a little thing in a big way!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

girl, you are the scrap goddess! I can't believe how far those scraps went!!! and for another good cause! yippee!

Helen in the UK said...

What a pretty quilt - such soft colours :)

Myra said...

It will be darling B! 8-)

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Adorable quilt. I need to catch up, I gave away all my baby quilts! So many quilts, so little time.

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>