Saturday 17 July 2010

Done like dinner

I'm ready for drinks or dessert on the deck with my new summer placemats. Anyone want to stop by for a little refreshment?
 I finished these selvage placemats a few days ago, butI had total computer failure a week ago and I'm slowly rebuilding my system. and no, I hadn't backed up everything, especially my photos (!!!!!!). The computer tech at the shop asked innocently: "Is there anything on this you don't want to lose?"
I tried not to scream back at him "Yes, just my whole professional and personal life." But the other tech called Lucas (an angel in my books) saved everything on my almost-corrupted hard drive and all I lost was some of my programs and formatting. Note to self: back up, back up, back up.
Here's the reverse side in case someone spills their strawberry shortcake on the bright side. I used four swirly b/w prints on the reverse and bound them all with a long b/w selvage.
A belated thanks to Myra for the four fat quarters I won in her PhD giveaway last month. I blame my tardy response on my computer failure.

15 comments:

PrairiePeasant said...

The placemats look great, and I like both sides! I finished the orange placemat and will post about that soon too.

Wendy said...

love the placemats!!

I can't remember to back my computer up, but we started using carbonite, an online service for backup that backs up everything automatically and continually. This also protects your computer in case of fire or other disaster. I'm sure you can google it and find it. That way when we get the "blue screen of death" on the computer, I don't panic.

Pat said...

I'm glad most of your computer "stuff" was saved. The placemats are great...on BOTH sides!

Joyce said...

One of our computers died this week too. Of course it was the one hooked up to the internet so no going online for a bit. Then we had trouble with the wireless router. The good news is that our son is a tech guy and fixed everything. The best news, he works for food.

Clare said...

Love the placemats on that table. Brilliant photo.

I'm minus the desktop at the moment. It threw a wobbly. Yes I did do a backup, but while transferring from the PC to the netbook, I somehow managed to wipe my quilts photos and the photos I took in the UK in May - doh!

Colleen said...

Love the placemats -- what a great idea!

YankeeQuilter said...

Great placemats...did I read that you were serving shortcakes? How long does it take to get there from Georgia?!

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Love the placemats! I'll be right over for some tea. thanks for the reminder, I haven't backed up in a while.

Quiltdivajulie said...

GREAT placemats ... five of mine are done, one last binding (hand) to finish up.

Too bad you're so far away or I might just take you up on that offer!

Yes - back up, back up, back up!

Amy said...

very nice placemats.strawberry shortcake sounds yummy!.I am sorry to hear about your computer loss..Been there before myself.I try to back up all the time.Thanks for sharing,Amy

Karen said...

Such cute placemats, and I love the back side, the black and white is awesome!

Marit said...

Love your colorful place mats!

; )

Myra said...

You are most welcome B!! 8-)

Great placemats!!

Just tried to email, a bounce back says your inbox is over quota... FYI

Have a great weekend!

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Thanks for sharing the placemat pictures, they are great! I just found your blog through another and I am going to visit you again real soon. Carolyn from Des Moines, Iowa

jmb_craftypickle said...

Those placemats are BEAUTIFUL!! What a great way to want to set the table! I am so glad you were able to get your data back...I shudder to think if I lost all of my memory. I have backed most of it up...I better get to the rest!

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>