Thursday 20 May 2010

Latest challenge



These are the baskets Karen collected for our latest guild challenge. She asked for an on-point setting in purples and greens, which mostly means oodles of HST. I considered a wonky basket, but went with wonky handles on my triangle baskets instead. Mine are the ones with a lime green background and purple baskets -- middle of bottom row and 2nd from left in the full row on the top.

This is Anne's challenge from earlier in the year. She found a sashing fabric to unify the blocks and look how she put in those purple cornerstone triangles halfway through the saskhing, making a secondary checkerboard pattern with the blocks.

Heather brought her finished butterly quilt to show. This wasn't a guild challenge, but one she's been working at for several years and now the top is done. great finish!

2 comments:

Joyce said...

What a beautiful trio of quilts.
I think the butterfly one is my favorite.

heath said...

I'm often glad you blog, since I don't, and it really is fun to re-live our great quilting evenings here! What talented people you know! ;-)

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>