Monday 17 May 2010

Featherweight features


I made this Featherweight pad from leftover log cabin blocks as a Mother's Day gift for my mother,  who owns three FWs. She gave me her fourth one recently, this lovely 222K. I made this pad, based loosely on one I saw on someone's blog, with three pockets in the front to store her seam ripper and snips and extra bobbins.



While I was at it, I made a dust cover for my own FW from four quilt-as-you-go blocks I had made for another project and never used.
When I showed it to my mom, she wanted one too, so I guess I'll be making more.

6 comments:

heath said...

These are items that are on my "to do list". I love the pad with the pockets, and my sewing machine cover only works with the table off, and why would it ever be off????
Still practicing that free motion thing with great success, I see!

Joyce said...

I like that pad with pockets. I may need to make one for my sewing machine.

PrairiePeasant said...

Great ideas! I like how you made the machine cover from 4 blocks--easy peasy right? I hate the plastic cover for my serger, so this would be a good alternative.

Myra said...

Good for you Brenda! Two projects I've been meaning to make for my Pfaff, and you just reminded me that I need to service my FW!
I haven't used my FW in a very long while, and thought that I should use it on a "grab and go" project when going to my quilt groups (as I hate taking down my Pfaff to tote along, and avoid doing so unless it will be a good 6-8 hour period).
Look at me rambling on...! Sorry! 8-)
Enjoy your FW! 8-)
Happy stitchings!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

My daughter's librarian, knows I quilt.. She said to me yesterday if I had any interest in a featherweight... I nearly fell over... Yes!!!!!
:-)
I did a little happy dance in my head.... Quietly...
She said it was her mothers and she doesn't sew... So I told yes indeed, I'd take it off her hands...
:-)

Yoga with Gaileee said...

Very nice!

gaileee

Singer Featherweight 221 Blog

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>