Tuesday 12 May 2009

Booboo and a gallery of quilts

I've been playing with italics for Tonya's halloween noises quilt and I'm sort of getting the hang of italics. They're a bit trickier to sew together on an angle than up and down letters.

On the weekend, I saw Joyce's quilts in a gallery in Morden, Manitoba. They're on the wall there until the end of May and admission is free. I've seen many of these on her blog but they look different and better on a gallery wall. (Sorry, my pix may not do justice.) I've been finishing up projects and cleaning up my sewing room lately, so enjoy these while I work on my own stuff. Congrats, Joyce for the great exhibit.





8 comments:

Millie said...

Great "boo"s! I love them both.

Sharon said...

Wow, your 'boo's look good! I think the 2nd one is definitely looking italic.

Thanks for sharing Joyce's quilts. I like them and find them quite interesting. Good for her on the show!

Tonya Ricucci said...

wheee, marvelous BOOs. so great you got to see Joyce's show. how fun!

Elaine Adair said...

OMGOSH -- soooooo much visual stimulation for sleepy me - amazing!!! Thank you. 8-))))

jovaliquilts said...

How lucky to see Joyce's stuff in person! Wow!

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Boo boo to you! Such cute letters. And the quilt show is wonderful

PrairiePeasant said...

Good work on the italics! I particularly like Joyce's wonky house quilt that you show here.

Janet said...

Your pictures really do pay tribute to Joyce's work. Thanks to you and Joyce.

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>