Tuesday 3 March 2009

Last finish for 2004!

That's not a typo in the title! After two years plus of waiting for a binding, I've finally finished this little hand quilting sample (20 by 20) made in a class with Marilynn Wiebe at Quilt Canada 2004 in Winnipeg . I was the only brave one in the class not to use light coloured thread -- I used an ecru so it would show. The project sat for so long the pencil marks rubbed off, but now it's done.
Here's a close up of the centre. When I pulled this out at my guild a few weeks ago to bind it, someone wanted to know who quilted it. ME! I'm not 14 stitches to an inch, but I can do a not bad, even hand quilting stitch, especially on a whole cloth piece.

5 comments:

Joyce said...

Wow! I'm impressed! I think that if you are going to go to all the work of hand quilting you might as well use contrasting thread and showcase it.

Desiree said...

Wow what a lot of work! Kudos!

Donna said...

it's beautiful. much more important I think to have even stitches than tiny ones! :-)

Andrea, the little collector said...

Hooray for getting it finished. Lovely! I'm working on an hand project too. I'll post about it soon.

Sharon said...

Beautiful quilt! What a great job to finish a quilt...who cares how long it took?? And it's a knockout!

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>