Saturday 7 March 2009

Another four-patch option

So I was playing some more and came up with another one. I'd really like a wonky option or two as well. Anyone have any ideas? I thought of using the four-patches as centres for wonky log cabins, but that would be a lot more sewing. I only have 160 of these 3.5 inch four-patches, so I will have to make more alternating blocks like the hourglass ones, or use neutral 3.5 inch blocks, or have another plan altogether. Here's number 4. I'm still open to more opinions. People seem to like #1 or #2 below, and #3 is a distant third. So what about this one?

10 comments:

KQ Sue said...

Ok, now I like this one better than #2.

Desiree said...

I still like #1 but this is beautiful! Great idea! Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Joyce said...

I still like #2. There are probably lots more ways if you play around long enough.

Elaine Adair said...

I like the 4-patch with the hourglass between. THis is my reasoning -- I've made some quilts that are evenly light and dark, so the viewer cannot decide if it is a light quilt or a dark quilt. Took me years to figure this out! LOL, THat's why I made my decision. Of course, by the time you add border, and whole balance think may be different. AND, any way will be great, and finished!

YankeeQuilter said...

I don't know why "only 160" four patches makes me smile...only! Sounds like a lot to me!

Cher said...

fun blocks...I like all the ideas...whichever one you chose will be great

PrairiePeasant said...

I still like #1! With all the busy-ness of the the colours, it's my preference to have the background fabrics more consistent and calming.

Anonymous said...

Ok, I voted for #1 - but I like this one better! Geeze - I need to get into my sewing room!

The Green Cat said...

I like this one the best. I think the others look too busy. I like to have "white space" in my scrap quilts so that the viewer isn't overwhelmed with the patterns/colors or the scrappy bits.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I like this one the best so far ~

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>