Friday 9 January 2009

Friday block party

I joined Quilt Pixie's Friday block party, where she picks a block, posts links to the directions, and asks others to join her. The purpose is to improve precision piecing skills. I'm OK but not great at that, so I decided to join in. This first block doesn't have too many points chopped off, but it did turn out 1/4 inch bigger than its supposed to be, so my seam allowances must be slightly off. Pixie suggests starching the fabric before cutting, which I didn't do. Maybe next week. I'm going to take some time this weekend to sew more crumb blocks, the opposite of precision piecing, or maybe work on my words fail me quilt. Or maybe not much of anything.

4 comments:

Donna said...

interesting fabric for the light -- love the resulting movement in the block :-)

Joyce said...

I really should join in on this project. i found that when I got my new Creative Grids ruler my precision went way up. It slips very little and is very easy to read the numbers. They are hard to find though.

Rosalyn Manesse said...

I love that block.

Purple Pam said...

I also like your background fabric. It is great with the black. I keep thinking I see something swimming around in there!

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>