Friday 20 June 2008

Something new to look at while I'm finishing old projects


I'm spending the weekend on the last few quilting stitches on the teacher quilt and then binding it. While I work on that deadline, here's a few more from the MCC quilt show. at left is a wedding quilt made by the two moms (one is Kathy Fast, the inspiration for the quilt show idea) for their children's wedding in May -- it was hand and machine appliqued and hand quilted. I saw it in process at a retreat in January. They also made matching pillow shams. At right is Symphony of Fans by my mother Meg Suderman, based on a design by her friend Erna Elias. It is all hand appliqued, embroidered, and hand quilted. This is an oldie, but a goodie, completed about 15 years ago.

At left is another one by my mother, a stained glass poinsettia tablecloth or hanging.
This orange one is reminiscent of the convergence series by Ricky Tims, and a fun way of using a big piece of hand dyed fabric.


And this is another shot of my quilting guild's string-pieced lobster quilt, used as an example of scrap piecing by guild member in her workshop. She's hiding behind the picture, and I'm the one to the right.

3 comments:

Donna said...

thanks for the reminder about convergence quilts! I have a wonderful big piece of handdye that could be quite stunning....

Tonya Ricucci said...

beautiful quilts, but my favorite is definitely the lobster strings. I just adore that one.

Sharon said...

Love the "lobster strings", as Tonya called it! I have a piece of that fabric, given to me by the charity quilt committee of my quilt guild. I think it's hilarious fabric, and they were afraid to use it on a quilt for fear that it would scare some poor child! Glad to see that you were brave enough!

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>