Friday 29 December 2017

Friday finishes

I made market bags for family gifts this year.
The one from the left is from a tea towel I picked up in London,
and the other is made from flag fabric picked up right here in Winnipeg.

My nieces loved them. The one at the right visited London last year,
and was thrilled to locate familiar subway or tube stops on her bag.

My guild exchanged mug rugs for Christmas gifts,
and this is the one I got, as well as

a Sew Together bag just because from my friend C.

The outside, with a pattern if I want to make another one.

I made the mug rug with the 200 HST on the top left.
Some quilty friend gave me these tiny triangles,
and I was just crazy enough to sew them together.

Another couple of bags -- the bottom one from a thrifted piece of canvas,
and the top one made by simply adding handles onto a discarded cotton coin bag.
No more pennies in Canada,
so the mint got rid of their penny coin bags.
Read the back story on how I got this bag here.

Earlier this month, I spent a Saturday sew-in making this denim tote.
It uses circles cut from old jeans with squares cut from
vintage pillowcases.
I had many worn out pillowcases so I saved the embroidery for this project.

I'm linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts

8 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Lovely things - especially the photo of the girls with their new market bags!

beth s said...

Love ALL the bags!

grammajudyb said...

You are a girl after my own heart! Reuse, use up, recycle. I love the straps added to the discarded coin bag. That is something I would do and all my friends would shake their heads in pity. But I love the idea of making do and using what you have. I'm proud of you!!

Lesley Gilbert said...

I am English so of course I love your London & UK bags. I also like your denim bag :)

Jenny said...

Oooh - I do like the denim bags!!!

Louise said...

Great bags! I love the photo of the similing recipients :)

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a wonderful bunch of projects... made and received!!!

patty a. said...

You have been a bag making machine! They all turned out fabulous! Happy New Year!

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>