Friday 15 December 2017

Friday finish

Hugs and Kisses, 45 inches square
machine pieced and quilted

I started this top more than a year ago
for a gestating baby that turned out to want less pink

So when I got news of  a girl baby on the way,
I got the layers basted and quilted it with my walking foot.

I gave it to the new parents two weeks ago,
and now we're waiting for the appearance of the little one.
Although the parents are thrilled with the quilt,
it is still more fun to give it when the baby is already here and can model it.

Which do you prefer -- giving a quilt after the baby is born, or before?

I'm linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict


7 comments:

Gale Bulkley said...

Gorgeous quilt. After the baby! I definitely want a modeled shot and to meet the newcomer.

Tu-Na Quilts said...

Lovely quilt! Seems like I always have intentions of completing the baby quilt early and now my latest baby recipient just turned one and still doesn't have her quilt. I'm making it a tad larger though so it will fit a crib/toddler bed.

Linda said...

Very pretty quilt. Good size,very similar to the size I like to make for baby quilts. I always gift the quilt after baby is born. Just heard the news this evening of a baby due in mid June (our daughter's old school friend). Really excited for her, so another baby quilt will be made next year.

Tami Von Zalez said...

Since the baby quilts I make are for co-workers, I give them before the baby is born.

Carli The Quilter said...

I think your color choice of fabrics is great. Sparkly and welcoming. Great for new parents. i like to give before the baby arrives.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Wonderful baby quilt. Lucky baby!!!

patty a. said...

The quilt turned out wonderful! Lately all the baby quilts have been for friends of my brothers and sister and they require the parents to get them a picture of the baby on the quilt so they can send it to me. The cool part is when the parent dress the baby to match the quilt!

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>