Thursday 6 July 2017

Still quilting over here

I have a couple of small finishes to share, 
starting with this silk infinity scarf for a friend

who purchased a dress made from Liberty Art Fabrics on sale
but didn't wear it because it needed some alterations.

I used the sleeves, the front and the skirt panels to make 
a soft, drapey scarf which she loves.
Not sure what to do with the leftover polyester lining though.

I've also been on the road, and one recent stop was Toronto for Quilt Canada 2017,
where I saw M-R Charbonneau's Canada 150 display.
I saw her work on it via her blog and IG feed,
and I was pleased to see it in person.


I purchased a patchwork-y green knitted wool poncho/scarf
from Henrietta Park while visiting London last month

and saw a quilt or two at Dover Castle in England.
I know it's a recent make, but I love the strong colours
and improvisational piecing.

I also made some VW van pouches using a novelty print
sent by Heidi from Germany and fabric from the ripped canvas tent 
from our own VW camper van.


And another set of small finishes: seven luggage tags in bright colours
for the last trip and any future identification needs.

I'm linking up to other Friday finishers here and here.

5 comments:

patty a. said...

Glad to see a post! You have been busy. I haven't been to Toronto since 2011. I always have a good time there when I go to visit.

Jo Vandermey said...

You have been busy. I love the scarf and repurposing of something that was just sitting in the pile of to by fixed!
Sometimes the most productive weeks are the ones spent trying to finish projects that have been piling up.
Thanks for sharing!

Julierose said...

I LOVE that infinity scarf a lot--you have done a whole lot of things so well. those pouches are so cute..nice works hugs, Julierose

Celtic Thistle said...

What a lovely collection of makes! You got great value out of that bargain dress :)

Ann said...

I agree. So many lovely finishes. I still have fabric that needs to be sewed into an infinity scarf. Your VW pouches are adorable.

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>