Thursday 26 May 2016

All zipped up


  I've been upcycling upholstery samples into zipper bags lately, adding zippers from my stock of 10 cent zippers and using up metres of twill tape from a factory sized roll, all in the name of charity.


These 38 bags go up for sale this weekend at the Mennonite Central Committee quilt show and sale.  All proceeds go to MCC's international relief and development work. 

I've had fun playing with these colours and I hope potential buyers find one or two they can love and take home. 

I've got several quilts hanging in the show and after I help to hang the show tomorrow I'll get some pix to share here.  

6 comments:

Barb said...

these are wonderful! I'd buy a handful if I could.
What pattern are you using. I like how simple it is.

patty a. said...

The bags are wonderful! It is great to turn those bits into something useful! I made a bunch of pouches and everyone I gave them to put them to use.

Carli The Quilter said...

Beautiful job and to such a great event, proceeds are very welcome!

em's scrapbag said...

Beautiful bags! Wonderful cause!

Nifty Quilts said...

Great idea for charity sales! Each one is beautiful. I think I'd have to purchase several.

Rosa said...

Gorgeous.Sure you will sell all.

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>