Tuesday 13 October 2015

Each one teach one?

\\
My hand drawn illustrations, which took minutes instead of hours on the computer.
Sometimes simple is best!

Tonight I teach my first learn-to-sew class.
On the curriculum tonight:
Keep your sewing shears sacred to sewing!

We're also covering the importance of good thread, sharp needles,
and how to make a perfect stitch.
I think I'll be taking my Singer Featherweight 222K to demonstrate that!

The challenge will be teaching students on 10 different machines,
since the sewing room we're using is full of donated oldies-but-goodies
and a few new but not so great machines,
plus a beautiful Viking Lily in its own custom table.

These are some of the samples for the class.
We're making bags and pillows and pouches
using a method-based construction method.

My goal is to encourage creativity while teaching skills.
I'll let you know how it goes.

I'm linking up with The Needle and Thread Network


9 comments:

Kate said...

I hope you and your students have lots of fun.

Larry said...

Pretty sure you will be an excellent teacher!

Larry said...

That last comment is from JULIE -- oops!

Laurel's Stitches said...

Gorgeous bags, I'll bet you'll be just fine with all of those machines and all of those students. Stitch length and stitch width, regardless of the machine are still stitch length and stitch widths.

I hope you post about how it went!

Thanks for linking to TN&TN's WIP Wednesday!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

You'll do a great job...I'm sure

patty a. said...

Have a great class!

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

sounds like a fun class..enjoy! I am sure your students will.

Dolores said...

It sounds like fun and I'm sure you'll have a great time.

SuperMomNoCape said...

I hope your class went well! And you can't beat one of those vintage Singers for demonstrating the perfect stitch. I sew almost exclusively on a vintage Singer 15-91.

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>