Friday 1 May 2015

Finished and gifted!

This string quilt has been growing on my wall in April.
It went from a pile of blocks in brights and lights
to a sashed top
To a completed double quilt in two weeks
with the help of many hands.


This was a group effort with friends contributing blocks and sashing,
basting, and binding the quilt.
We overwhelmed the recipient with it
and she loved the bright colours,
the cuddly flannel backing and the wool batting
and all the fun fabrics in this.

We gave her the quilt,
and then we spread it out on the table and tied it in the blocks.
So now it is knotted in love too!

I'm linking up with other Friday finishers 
over at these blogs:

5 comments:

Cathy said...

I love this string quilt! And it's even better made with friends.

Julierose said...

Absolutely lovely quilt finish--love that it is tied, too...hugs, Julierose

Scrappy quilter said...

Lovely quilt.

Carli The Quilter said...

Wow, I'll have to give this version a go whenever I'm done my UFO's
Gorgeous quilt!

Ann said...

Lovely quilt and even lovelier story. Thanks for sharing!

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>