Friday 15 May 2015

Basket of little finishes

I've been cooking up samosas lately
for an upcoming craft sale.

 I put together a dozen of these this week,
using my 10 cent thrifted zippers
and a variety of fabrics.
Each one of these takes two pieces of 5.5 by 8.5 inches of fabric.
I stabilized the exterior fabric with fusible fleece
and put in a few quilting stitches.
 I also made a few rectangular zippy pouches,
two from that same Kaffe print (far right, middle and top rows)
 to add to the others I made earlier
from a thrifted linen tea towel (top six)
and other goodies in my sewing room.

All of these will be for sale at the MCC Quilt Show and Sale next weekend
at 134 Plaza Drive in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

I won a prize at a show I attended a couple of weeks ago.
I'm going to have some fun with these half yard cuts
of Kaffe Fassett and Brandon Mably fabrics.

Part of the prize was that variegated spool of Sulky quilting thread
held onto the package with those fun colours of ribbons.

I'm linking up with other Friday finishers at

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Bernie Kringel said...

Great color choices with these pouches. Hope sell everyone of them!

beth s said...

What a beautiful assortment of homemade goodies!!

Scrappy quilter said...

Winnipeg my old stomping grounds. Wish I was there to see the MCC sale. We went every year when we were there. Loved it. Then when it came to Brandon and we lived an hour away, we always went to it there too. One of the best sales ever!! And for such a great cause. Love your items. And congrats on the win!

Renee said...

These are super cute! I made a few recently for a charity drive, they are fun to make :-)

Barb said...

your little zip bags are adorable.
nice prize - good for you!

Jenn @ A Quarter Inch from the Edge said...

Love those little samosa pouches! And lucky you for winning those beautiful Kaffe Fassett prints. So bright & spring-y. Thanks for linking up with TGIFF!

Mary maloney said...

You are one lucky winner, I love the fabrics and your cute pouches.

Sharon said...

I love those samosa pouches too. They're easy and fun to make, and pretty handy too! Yours look great - you made some for the boys too!

Looks a great win there. You'll have some fun with that! :)

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>