Friday 27 March 2015

Zipping to the finish line

I've been zipping along in the finishing department lately,
putting together a whole bunch of zipper bags.
This is the second batch of VW bus bags
and everyone loves them. 
I only have two left
of the total of seven that I've made.

This time I used a transportation fabric for the back.
I've used fusible fleece inside of these 
and quilted around the bus in grey thread.

Remember my thrift shop purchases?
I bought this Leicester linen/cotton tea towel for 60 cents
and that bunch of new zippers for 10 cents each.

I cut apart the tea towel, fused some interfacing to the back
added a linen napkin also found at the thrift shop
and made six bags featuring the buildings of Leicester.

They are lined with a cotton scarf found at a second hand market in Iraq.


Here's the whole bunch, including the two in the bottom row made earlier.

I'm linking up to Sarah and TGIFF.

9 comments:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Ohhhhhh! I LOVE LOVE LOVE them! I need to make some things for my Art Abandonment Project! do you know about that? We make things then abandon them in places to make otters happy.

Oh no! Not OTTERS -- Others!

Patti said...

Wow there is nothing else I can say. Makes me want to go to a thrift store. Really great ideas you have.

beth s said...

oh Brenda! I LOVE your little bags! I've always wanted a VW bus. ;) A fabric one is perfect. Where did the fabric come from?

Barb said...

wow that tea towel worked so perfectly for the little bag! Just love how they turned out

Quilting Stories said...

What a good idea, your pouches are so original and beautiful!

Scrappy quilter said...

Those are wonderful.

Mystic Quilter said...

What a neat idea!! Love the VW bags.

Riel Nason said...

Lovin' the VW bags. Super cute and stylish!!

Ann said...

What wonderful pouches. I especially like the way material popped out at you when you needed it. How clever to use a kitchen towel and to realize it would work. The recipients will love these.

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>