Friday 16 January 2015

Friday finishes for the season past

O Christmas Tree!
12 by 16.5 inches
machine quilted with Aurifil 50 wt thread

I finished this last month, but only got the binding attached
on Jan. 1, so it is my first finish of the year.
Lori has the greatest fmq tutorials out there
and I adapted her tree to fit my skills.

It is an addition to my hall of trees, 
which I get out every year.

The back shows the texture.
I found the fabric in my Christmas linens box.
I hemmed a square of this red and gold print
many years ago,
but since I wasn't using it,
I decided to repurpose it into backing and binding.


Here is my Christmas tree wall hanging collection.
The blue one at the left was made by Margaret in a swap three years ago.

This is an oldie -- probably 10 years old,
when I first started quilting.
I used a paper piecing pattern from a Reader's Digest book
and hand quilted it.

This is my other addition from 2014.
Little yoyos held on by shank buttons
to make a stylized tree.

and this is from 2013.


These trees hang above my fireplace beginning in December
and stay up until the snow melts.
This is my first free-pieced quilt with letters and trees,
made in an online class with Tonya Ricucci in 2008.


And these beauties hang on my Advent calendar tree.
The crazy pieced one was just given to me by Em,
the middle one was made by my mother
and Em folded the other one.


Em also makes bookmarks with a fancy ruler
and she gave me one of those too,
all as a thank you gift for the yo yo tree quilt I gave her
like the one above.

I'm linking up with other Friday finishers with Sarah and Amanda Jean.




2 comments:

a maidenhair fern said...

congrats on your first finish of the year. I love your fmqing design and color changes. It's fun to see how our tastes progress through the years, isn't it?

Scrappy quilter said...

Great finish of the year. I love the quilting, stunning!

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>