Friday 12 December 2014

Oh Christmas tree, oh Christmas tree!


I decided to play with a small yo yo maker
and a variety of green fabrics
to make little Christmas tree quilts.
These yo yos finish at 1.25 inches.

The above photo is testing a layout.



Here it is with the yo yos fastened down with small shank buttons.
I prequilted the background following the lines of the fabric,
but I see now the quilting lines are a bit crooked.

Oops.

I worked on these on a sew-in last Saturday
and the whole time my friend Em kept telling me
the quilt matched her house.

So I gave her one.

And kept the other one for myself.

The colours are identical, but the yellow wall where this hangs
changes the colour temperature of this picture.

I'm linking up with other Friday finishers at 

I'm also linking up with Quiltville's Christmas quilts linky party.



11 comments:

christaquilts said...

What a cute mini!

Carolyn J. said...

Love the yo-yo tree! I have a box of yo-yo's, may have to give this a try. Thanks for the inspiration and Merry Christmas!

Sheri said...

Very cute!

Micki @ 2 Dogs Studio said...

adorable - how fun

Scrappy quilter said...

So cute.

M-R Charbonneau said...

Very cute! I didn't really clue in to how tiny they were until the photo of it with your friend Em. Great job! Thanks for linking up with TGIFF!

scraphappy said...

Such a sweet little tree. Love it!

Sherry said...

What a great idea! I have a TON of green fabrics. . . .may need to remember this for next year as Christmas gifts.

Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

That is absolutely adorable! Thank you for sharing.

Cassandra said...

This mini quilt is charming, and I love the creative use of yo-yos!

Nancy said...

O Christmas Tree cute!

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>