Friday 19 September 2014

I'm not cross about this Friday finish!

Purple and Aqua Crosses
60 by 84 inches
Machine pieced and quilted

After a long haul, I finished the Grecian Cross quilt
and promptly gave it to my niece 
as a belated high school graduation gift.

A year ago, she told me she wanted a purple and aqua quilt.
I didn't think I had the stash to make a whole quilt,
but after realizing many of my Kaffe Fassett and DS Quilts fabrics 
had aqua, and often purple,
I managed quite fine. 

A few quilting friends passed on bits and pieces
so in the end, I only purchased the white background fabric.

My niece R. with her new quilt.

The back is also a Kaffe print,
purchased for $5/metre at the local Fabricland.
When I didn't have enough left for the binding,
I went back for another metre, and had to buy it at full price. Oops.

If you double click the photos, you can see the huge variety of prints in it,
and my very loose interpretation of purple and aqua. 

I was sorry to see this one leave my house,
but I'm happy the new owner loves it.

I'm linking up with Sarah and Lorna at TGIFF and other Friday finishers.


11 comments:

Ramona said...

I like your version of purple and aqua since I am not a huge fan of purple but love aqua! Beautiful quilt. Some of our quilts are difficult to give away. :)

PugMom said...

So pretty! It came out great! I'm sure that your niece will love it.

The Cozy Pumpkin said...

What a sweet and peaceful color combination! Lovely finish. :)

Renee said...

Such a lovely quilt! I love the colors you chose for the front. Your niece looks pretty happy about it!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I think that a loose interpretation leads to a much more interesting quilt.

Lorna McMahon said...

Love your fabric choices! This quilt turned out gorgeous. I can see it will be a cherished treasure! Congrats on a lovely finish!

Unknown said...

Lovely quilt!

antique quilter said...

its beautiful and she just looks so happy!
doesn't that make it all worth while.
thanks for sharing
Kathie

Quilting Stories said...

Your niece is lucky and she knows it! Beautiful quilt!

Ruth said...

Congrats on a lovely finish. I love the purple aqua combination - I'd be sorry to see this one go too!

Quiltdivajulie said...

I remember when you were worrying about having enough . . . I love how it all turned out! That photo of your niece is SUCH a keeper!

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>