Thursday 21 August 2014

Quilt visit

Earlier this week I had a chance to visit one of my quilts in its new home.
I made this raw edge ticker tape quilt with my quilt guild several years back.
I was curious how it would stand up to use and repeated washing.

I'm happy to report it has held up well.
Here's the back, which is just as much fun as the front.
I supplied the backing and batting,
and my friends sewed on a variety of little scraps.

Here's a close-up of the frayed edges.

And here you can see the quilting lines in the back.

The owner says this is her nap blanket
and she likes the texture on the front.

Glad to know its loved and useful.

7 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

I always wondered how these would wash/wear -- thanks for sharing!!

LuAnn said...

Great quilt, and I love that the back is just as pretty as the front.

Sharon said...

Yay! Glad to see that it is holding up well with the use. I've got a raw edge quilt that I made (the Bullseye pattern) and it's holding up well after 10+ years. It gets washed regularly, and still looks good.

Love this quilt you made, by the way! I'm still thinking of making one of these. I keep saving those little bits of fabric.

PrairiePeasant said...

Thanks for sharing this Brenda! This is something I always wonder about--how things are doing down the road. I hope the recipient loves it!

Barb said...

what a great cuddle quilt - and it looks like it's in great shape.
I love quilts that are USED

Barbara C said...

This is a beautiful quilt. Thanks for the close-up showing how well it's held up.

Christina said...

I love getting to visit my quilts too! Like seeing an old friend. Glad to know it's having a good quilt life and in health!

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>