Tuesday 22 April 2014

Collaborative work in progress


My friend Heather and I have been working on this Kenya quilt
for the past month.
It started when she gave me four fabric calendars
featuring lions, zebras and giraffes.
I cut off the numbers and made the centre medallion
and added a couple of borders
Then Heather took the number fabric 
and made dozens of HST and added a couple more borders.
Then we went shopping for one more border fabric.
Last night we showed it to our quilt guild
and the consensus was to add a thin red border
before the last one.

Heather is layering and basting this
and then it comes back to me for quilting.

It's destined for sale to raise funds for a school trip to Kenya.

I'm linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced and with

Right Click to Save Image

T

4 comments:

Barb said...

what a great fund raising quilt - good luck!

heath said...

It's all done and Karen and I are basting in the morning. Shall I rush it to you at lunchtime?

Lorette said...

Lovely fundraiser!! I especially love the orange fabric which makes the center pop!

cinzia said...

What a great way to raise money for a great cause! The red border makes all the difference!

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>