Friday 2 August 2013

Friday finishes and near finishes

My fabric no longer fits into my sewing space.
So recently I pulled out my novelties and older bits
to find fabrics to make pillowcases using the burrito method.
Here's a link to one of many tutorials on the web.
 
I tried to be ruthless with my stash, saving only pieces
longer than two metres.

Here's my first set, which I donated to a national church youth event
happening nearby.
One of the speakers gave one away every day this week.
Since the event took place at a summer camp,
I thought the insect ones at left would be fun and appropriate.
Also pictured is an older Marcus Brothers BBQ print
and a Hershey kisses print.


 Here's another seven which didn't go to camp.
Last year I bought that bike print specifically for pillowcases,
but all the rest is from stash.
Note the centre one with typewriter keys.
I was short on yardage, so I used a wider cuff in order to get the pillowcase big enough.
Wherever possible, I cut 27 inches for the body, and 11 for the cuff.
 

For these, I eliminated the two inch decorative strip between the cuff and the body.
 
I also completed a 12.5 wonky star for Julie's birthday quilt.
And mailed it. Finally.

And I finished the quilting on the I Spy houses baby quilt.
Here's a view of the quilting lines on the back.
I used a combination of free motion quilting
and outlining with a walking foot.
Baby is coming sometime this month,
so I have to get the binding on and threads buried soon.
 
So those are my Friday finishes and unfinishes.
I'm linking up with Amanda and Sarah.
 
 

5 comments:

PugMom said...

The pillowcases are great! I love to make them, they are so easy and such wonderful gifts. Love all your novelty prints.

Schulz Family said...

visiting from finish it up friday. Wow the pillowcases look awesome and the quilting is amazing!!!

Cathy said...

I know that those pillowcases will be so appreciated! Way to go!!!

em's scrapbag said...

Love all the detail in the quilting. You sure have been busy. Way to go on all the pillowcases.

Heidi said...

great way to use your stash and very pretty too :-)

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>