Tuesday 2 April 2013

Still snow to dye for

These as my recent adventures in snow dyeing with Procion dyes.
I dyed two lengths of unbleached muslin,
and the one at the right is an overdyed white with black print.

For lots of you, snow dyeing is over for the season, but not for me.
See that bright white stuff in the background?
It's too late for April fools, and it's no joking matter around here
that we're still covered in snow
and well below freezing.

So I could use the snow for another round of dyeing,
but I'm ready for it all just to go away.


4 comments:

Elaine M said...

Lovely, really like the overdyed one.

Bonnie said...

They are beautiful!

Nina Lise@Mrs Moen said...

These are awesome! We had an unusually snowy Easter at our cabin and I was thinking about your snow dying experiments and that I should have such dyes in my stash. Even with sub zero degrees at night, the snow were visibly melting away day by day, so maybe next winter. Hopefully spring will arrive at your house soon!

Carol E. said...

They look great! But... what is snow dying? As a Minnesotan, I feel remiss in not knowing how to do this. Maybe add it to your tutorials?

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>