Monday 7 January 2013

Playing with skinny strings

I've been playing with skinny strings, sewing them on 6 inch muslin squares
that I found during a recent clean-up of my sewing space.
I dug through my overflowing scrap bin to find the strings
as well as cutting some down to 1.25 or 1.5 inches.

I like the look of the blocks,
but maybe it's time to use them differently than just set in the diamond formation.

So I made one of them into flying geese
which finish at 4 by 8 inches.

Stay tuned for more.

Meanwhile, here's the other AAQI quilt
I made from handdyed strings I pulled from my mother's garbage.
This one evoked a feeling of a landscape,
so I added a flower left from another project.


1 comment:

Nifty Quilts said...

I love your skinny strings! Also, the little quilt is really lovely. Look at all the depth you got in that with the landscape and the flower!

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>