Tuesday 8 May 2012

Bringing home other people's quilty goodness

I have to admit I like shopping at quilt shows
and not always just for fabric.
This mini string star quilt measuring 10.5 inches
came home with me and now hangs in my sewing space.

I bought a set of cards featuing the lovely applique work
and handquilting by Manitoba quiltmaker Katie Friesen
who is also a fabulous long arm quilter.

She's designed several quilts inspired by William Morris
and now I can admire them on the cards,
although I intend to use them to send greetings to other quilters.
This quilt, Expressions of Morris, won in the applique category
in the $100,000 quilting challenge in 2007.

Here's my whole haul, including a bit of text fabric on sale, some needles and thread,
and that windmill template, a secondhand but new in package item that's was mine for $1.

3 comments:

Barb said...

Love the cards...what fun stuff you got!

em's scrapbag said...

Good finds! Love the string star!

Sarah Martin said...

Awesome haul! I like how the center on that star block is worked out. Sweet!!

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>