Wednesday 26 October 2011

Flower arranging

I brought my pieced scrap flower bits to my guild meeting on Monday and asked for some help.
So Karen P, a former florist, started playing with these blooms.

With some advice and rearranging from other guild members,
we eventually came up with this floral arrangement.
I like how they arranged the leaves
and I especially like how together we came up with something
I couldn't have done by myself.

Here's the basket of flowers with my other scrappy blooms and applique blocks.
This is an asymetrical layout, with some blank spots that will eventually
grow vines and flowers.

Here's a symetrical, centre medallion layout.
I'm not liking this one as much.
And the fuzzy picture doesn't help. Sorry!

And happy anniversary to my DH.
20 years of fun together!

8 comments:

Susan said...

I'm really loving this scrappy blooms quilt! Happy anniversary too!

Quilting Journey said...

Great fun! I wish my guild helped with projects. We help them ;) Guild meeting today in fact so a long drive and even longer meeting but I keep going. Today we are learning how to prepare our stuff for the longarmer. Since I do all of my own quilting, I hope I learn more tips for doing a better job myself..kind of like you did with this freeform project!

Dolores said...

What a fun project and Happy Anniversary.

Tonya Ricucci said...

love the flower pot - fabulous. I vote for asymmetry!!! Happy anniversary!

Myra said...

Happy anniversary to you and your hubby Brenda!
Love the floral arrangement that you and your ladies came up with! Your project is looking good!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Happy Happy Anniversary!

I like the first of the two layouts better.

Love how the arrangement evolved!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I found you through Scrapdivajulie; I love your flower basket, the asymmetrical setting is particularly interesting. Well done, it's so HAPPY!

Purple Pam said...

I like the asymmetrical layout also. I like your bright, cheery flowers.

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>