Friday 25 February 2011

a little of this and that

I've been making smallish stuff lately, mostly for gifts. First up is this wallet on a string for my guild friend Kathy, who is leaving soon on a peace mission for three months. I sewed a zippered pocket in the inside to keep her passport safe.
The Kaffe selvages were a gift from another guild friend and I used them here because Kathy has actually met Kaffe when she lived in London.

Here she is with all the handmade gifts from our guild -- a little toiletry bag by Heather, the wallet on a string, and a journal, featuring some teeny paper-pieced blocks by Cheryl.

I made a couple of baby blankets. The one at the left is a kiddie print quilted onto a microfleece backing, and the other is a double flannel blanket. Both are going to the local children's hospital.

I machine quilted my I Spy quilt onto the same blue microfleece. Just straight stitching in a grid with the walking foot on my Juki, but no ripples. And I can't believe how fast it is compared to my old Elna. I love this Juki!

For fun, I made a little matching dolly quilt from my small I Spy squares. Both of these have intended recipients.

A tea cozy in greens and creams for a friend who was married recently. I practiced my free motion paisleys on this one.

Here's the other side, using leftover word fabrics.

7 comments:

Michele said...

I love all your projects! You've been having lots of fun!

Scrappy quilter said...

Love all your projects.

jovaliquilts said...

Small projects are great -- so much satisfaction from finishing. Your tea cozy is wonderful. And how did you do the binding on the quilts backed with microfleece -- did you just fold it over?

Quiltdivajulie said...

I have a stash of word fabrics ... one of my goals for 2011 is to USE them.

Love the tea cozy!

beth said...

Wow!! love that little bag!

Sylvia said...

All your projects are wonderful... definitely loving the kaffe salvage purse.

KT60 said...

And I am loving using the selvedge purse over here in N Iraq.

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>