Sunday 22 November 2009

Scrappy Scot's Plaid


Yesterday I put the borders on this scrappy Scot's Plaid I made as a leader/ender project last January. It sat in a box for months as I debated how big to make it. So I decided just to go for a 1 1/2 inch inner border  in pink and 3 1/2 out border in black, repeating the pink and black in the quilt. Click on photo to see the wide variety of scraps I used for this quilt, mostly from the bricks and blocks I cut using Bonnie's Scrap User system. The backing is a black on white Anna Griffin bird print. This is going over to a friend for machine quilting on her mid-arm, and then to its intended recipient by Christmas. I impressed myself yesterday by cutting, piecing, and ironing the binding as well.

9 comments:

Sharon said...

This is a beauty! I love this pattern, and it's on my Bucket List. Great idea to use it for a leaders/enders project! And good for you to even get the binding done! That's something I'm trying to do at the same time as the top...it sure helps with getting it finished in a timely manner, at least for me.

Joyce said...

I love the way this one turned out. Is there anything better than a scrap quilt?

heath said...

It's beautiful Brenda. The borders frame it perfectly. I'm still hoping hanging out with you will turn me into someone who understands value. I have no values!!!!

Vals Quilting said...

I love this scrappy quilt, would be perfect to curl up in a read a good book :)
Valerie
http://www.pastimesonline.ca/vals-quilting/

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Wow! This quilt is a great success.

Purple Pam said...

I like your Scot's plaid quilt, and all of your collaborative quilts. They are so bright and happy looking quilts.

Happy Thanksgiving!

jovaliquilts said...

The Scotsman who claims this plaid will be one who can dance a highland fling all night long! It's wild and so fun. I love scrappy takes on traditional patterns.

Kim Brackett said...

Beautiful scrap quilt! I love all the fabrics.

Mam said...

Hello Brenda, I have been reading your blog since your post on Selvage Edge. Where can I find the pattern for this quilt? Looks like it will fit the bill a quilt for my niece. Thanks.

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>