Thursday 23 April 2009

First annual bloggers quilt festival is black and white and read all over!

I've chosen this quilt to be part of the virtual festival for several reasons: it started without a plan, but evolved as I made blocks; it's an example of liberated quilting; it was influenced by other bloggers and on-line sources (Gwen Marston's wacky baskets and Tonya's free-pieced letters as well as the piano key border I've seen on various blogs); it uses a combination of yardage and scraps (that b/w check on the handles and borders was a pass-along fabric and many of the reds came from the scrap basket); and it makes me smile. And it invokes my career as a newspaper journalist. Thanks for visiting.

15 comments:

Zonnah said...

The baskets are cute! Also, you can never go wrong with red :)

Rosalyn Manesse said...

This is one of my favorite quilts that you have made.

Quilt Rat said...

Wonderful quilt, Love it. So glad you chose to join this most fabulous festival

Martine Kuciel said...

je ne suis pas la seule à aimer les paniers ,version différente plus fun très sympa

Mandy said...

What fun. The baskets are delightful.

Joyce said...

This is one of my favorites. Will it be in the Barnswallows show?

Scrappy quilter said...

What a fun quilt.

Melinda said...

I love this quilt. Great job!

Jocelyn said...

Very original creative quilt. Your baskets really set it off. It is such a fun quilt.

Tonya Ricucci said...

you did such a great job on this quilt - so fun to see it again.

Unknown said...

Love your quilt! Thanks for sharing :)

Coloradolady said...

This is adorable..I really love it and the colors.

stitchinpenny said...

I must have looked at this quilt before somewhere. It is fantastic.

hetty said...

Wonderful quilt! I love the way you took all those ideas from other quilters and made it into a fantastic quilt of your own!

Finn said...

Hi Brenda, just popping in to say hello and tell you I've always loved your red, black and white virtual quilt show choice. It's quite amazing how clueless so many quilters are about working with scraps. You do it wonderfully! Hugs, Finn

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>