Tuesday 16 December 2008

Early Christmas present

In September, I joined Quilt Pixie's scrap swap. The rules were simple -- she assigned us a partner and we swapped as many scraps as would fit into a large ziploc bag. Today I got my package from Belinda at Brown Dirt Cottage. Here's a picture of the package with the card and a scrappy potholder. She wa very generous -- a big pile of selveges for my selvege collection, lots of scraps and fat quarter-ish pieces, and even some Christmas yardage. I'm going to have fun with this infusion of new scraps and fabrics into my collection. Thanks so much, Belinda, and thanks Pixie, for the great idea.



And that navy blob on the table behind the fabric? That's a double quilt back from the longarmer, waiting for its binding. If you want a sneak peak, take a look at it in its fungly state. It looks a lot better now, with a set of navy borders and the meander quilting in pumpkin. I showed it to a friend, who fell in love with it, and so instead of this being a donation quilt, I made it double-sized and got it quilted. It's been waiting for binding for two weeks because I was writing term papers, but I handed in my last one yesterday so I sewed the binding strips together today and I hope to get it on the quilt soon.

6 comments:

Donna said...

what a great assortment. So glad the swap worked for everyone :-)

Joyce said...

It's amazing how interesting other people's scraps are!

Selvage Quilter said...

What a fun idea! Joyce is right; other people's scraps are so interesting. I wonder what new ideas will be inspired by all this!

Clare said...

I thought Quilit Pixie's Christmas swap was a brilliant idea.

Some people's scraps are another person's gems, so to speak and those are certainly gems!

Browndirtcottage said...

hi...brenda....thanks for the nice mention....i hope you can blend these scraps into your stash...would love to see some of you selvage projects!

Tonya Ricucci said...

fun prezzies. looking forward to seeing that finished fungly!

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>