Sunday 6 July 2008

Sewing and dyeing

After meeting that quilting deadline last week, I've been creative in other ways. Last week my sons and their cousins tie-dyed some t-shirts with Grandma and her Procian dyes. They're going to wear these at their grandparents' upcoming 50th wedding anniversary, along with their other two cousins. We dyed eight shirts altogether, and they're a lovely shade of blue. I wanted to throw in some yardage too, but there wasn't any room in the dye pot this time.

I've been in the sewing room repairing puppets and making puppet costumes. I've made about 10 of these human hand Muppet-like puppets over the last six years, which are used for children's stories in our church. This yellow puppet needed a wash and new eyelashes, and a costume for an upcoming story. Here's he's wearing his Flatman outfit -- a flat top tube hat made from ribbing, and a cape and shield with a removable felt and interfacing F. I still have a few more accessories to make, and then I'm cleaning up the puppet supplies and will figure out a summer quilting project.
IRON ALERT! My 10 year old Rowenta won't heat anymore, and I'm wondering if anyone has opinions on repairing it or replacing it. Any suggestions for models? I'd like one with some heft to it, and good steam. I just can't go back to a department store model again after using a professional one.

1 comment:

Joyce said...

I'm sure the shirts will be a big hit. I have a Canadian Tire Europro cordless iron that I really like. I've never used a professional model and I don't think I'll try one and get spoiled for the cheapies. Lol. Mine was about $100 so not all that cheap. I love the cordless feature.

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>