Sunday 24 February 2008

Two inch square finish!


So after digging through her stash, my mother found some solid blue and a multi-coloured heart print to coordinate with the pink and blue squares from that box of two inch squares. She cut and I sewed for a few hours last week and came up with this baby quilt, measuring about 40 by 47. She took it home to layer it and tie or quilt it, and it's headed for some as-yet-unknown baby. That makes two quilts from that box of two inch squares. The first one is all sewn together, and is just awaiting borders.

5 comments:

Carol E. said...

That is so pretty!

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

Love the quilt, so sweet!!

I received your squishie in the mail today! *LOL!!!!* The lobster fabric has me rolling! Oh yeah..umm..never sewn with lobsters before, and they ARE rather large, aren't they? *hehee* I also love the houses! The flamingos and ostriches are a hoot!

Thanks SEW much!
Bonnie@Quiltville

Purple Pam said...

Another quilt from the 2 inch box. It is great. I really like the starts also. I made a similar pattern (all in purples) and it turned out super. It is not quilted yet, though. It is wonderful that you and your mom share a common interest in quilting. It was my mom who usually came and shopped in my stash!

Purple Pam said...

Do you wonder what starts I was talking about? I am getting older every day and my typing skills are slipping, as well as myself! I should have typed STARS. But I like your starts, too!

Jeanne said...

Congrats on the beautiful quilt! The colors are so pretty.

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>