Friday 13 January 2012

Friday Finishes

I've had a productive week with a few little finishes to show.
I began the year by digging in my abandoned UFO box
(yes, I have an active UFO box too!)
and found this 10 inch free-pieced sewing machine dating back several years.
I practiced my free motion quilting on it and bound it
and now it's ready to hang on a sewing room wall somewhere.
This little quilt has a fraternal twin sister that is still in the flimsy stage.

I finished hand appliquing my happy scrappy basket of flowers.

And I took this little string quilt from the abandoned UFO pile, added one more row of strings
(I'm not sure what it says about me that I could find the same fabrics in my scrap boxes,
since this is a really old UFO.)
 and bordered it with leftovers from another recent project.
I machine quilted this one with wavy ribbons in the strings,
and freemotion feathers around the border.
All it needs is a binding and it can join the pile of baby quilts
my guild is making this year.
This one measures 32 by 35, so it would be perfect for a preemie boy.
I'm linking up with Amanda's Finish it up Friday post and Amy Lou's Sew and Tell.

7 comments:

Michele Bilyeu said...

Fab Friday Finishes!

Clare said...

It's a Featherweight!

Grandma G said...

I love your sewing machine! :)

Heather said...

Wonderful projects! Doesn't it feel great to finish up those UFOs?

Richard Healey said...

Its nice to finish up something left unfinished for too long.

http://richardquilts.blogspot.com

Jodie said...

Great finishes - its such a good feeling !

Michelle said...

Great finishes! I love your free pieced sewing machine quilt!

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>